Ever since the first version of in 1998, VessFire has been developed taking fully into account the following:
- Blowdown is a fast, transient and highly dynamic process
- The analysis must handle phase changes, both evaporation and condensation, and flash calculations are thus performed at each time step
- The phases are not in equilibrium, and composition of phases will vary with changes in pressure and temperature
- Gas is compressible
- The 3D nature of physical objects cannot be disregarded
- Heat exchange through vessel and pipe walls is essential, particularly when vessels and pipework are exposed to fire
- Heat transfer between phases
- Simplifications can result in incorrect results
VessFire is the most complete simulation system available in the market place, built upon our proprietary multi-physic simulation system Brilliant, in which CFD and FEM are completely integrated.
VessFire is developed for time-dependent, non-linear analysis of thermo-mechanical response of process segments and process equipment (vessels and piping) during blowdown, with or without exposure to fire.